62 Posts
5 Users
0 Likes
JumpyJunpei
Topic starter

Gonna have to hold off reading day 3 stuff for now

Spoiler
Day 2
The Stigma thing I was talking about was how they were glowing red and blue, I think? As I recall, the Stigmas in the past had a standard yellowish hue, but these look way more vibrant. Like compare how Gaius and Thomas manifest theirs and, shape of the Stigma aside, they look fairly similar. Kevin, too, as I recall. I may be just way overthinking this and Falcom just wanted to have them look visually distinct when stood next to each other!

Speaking of Kevin, I was howling when I saw a comparison video before and post patch of the scene where they show off all the known Dominion, and they fixed it by adding in Kevin. That's just pure poetry. Poor, forgotten Kevin...

Assuming I get to off anymore villains, I'm having second thoughts about killing them now. I kinda feel bad for Van having to make those kinds of calls! I do wonder if it'll change him at all versus leaving them alive. Probably a tricky thing to handle depending on how many people you get to make that choice for.

I'm really curious how this whole chapter plays out if you roll with the other groups. Like the encounter with Ouroboros. I can't help but wonder how many juicy tidbits you might pick up if you run through with every team, time consuming as that may be. Shizuna is a helluva lot of fun to use, I will say, and I didn't exactly have to think too hard when presented with the choice of who to go with!

This post was modified 3 years ago by JumpyJunpei

Posted : 29/10/2021 11:10 pm
Yotaka
Falcom Romantic Admin

Posted by: @jumpyjunpei

Gonna have to hold off reading day 3 stuff for now

Spoiler
Day 2
The Stigma thing I was talking about was how they were glowing red and blue, I think? As I recall, the Stigmas in the past had a standard yellowish hue, but these look way more vibrant. Like compare how Gaius and Thomas manifest theirs and, shape of the Stigma aside, they look fairly similar. Kevin, too, as I recall. I may be just way overthinking this and Falcom just wanted to have them look visually distinct when stood next to each other!

Speaking of Kevin, I was howling when I saw a comparison video before and post patch of the scene where they show off all the known Dominion, and they fixed it by adding in Kevin. That's just pure poetry. Poor, forgotten Kevin...

Assuming I get to off anymore villains, I'm having second thoughts about killing them now. I kinda feel bad for Van having to make those kinds of calls! I do wonder if it'll change him at all versus leaving them alive. Probably a tricky thing to handle depending on how many people you get to make that choice for.

I'm really curious how this whole chapter plays out if you roll with the other groups. Like the encounter with Ouroboros. I can't help but wonder how many juicy tidbits you might pick up if you run through with every team, time consuming as that may be. Shizuna is a helluva lot of fun to use, I will say, and I didn't exactly have to think too hard when presented with the choice of who to go with!

Spoiler
Day 2
- That's just in Cold Steel/Haji where Gaius and Thomas' Stigmas are fairly similar in color (and since the latter's S-Craft only shows up in an unvoiced TRC copy we don't get a description of what color he calls it) but we've seen similar colors before: Kevin's own Stigma starts red and becomes blue, with the song 'The Crimson Stigma' representing the former and his final S-Craft quote has him talking about the 'blue seal carved into [his] soul'. Wazy's S-Craft quote has him identify it by color as well, one that doesn't have a direct English equivalent but is literally 'golden blue'. So there's nothing particularly unusual about Celes and Rion having those colors.

- They added him to the Dominion image? Eeeexcellent. I need to play it with that patch posthaste, but I was in the middle of something when I saw that it dropped and didn't want to quit the game at that point.

- Yeah, I had no trouble deciding I wanted to go with Ikaruga when I saw that I'd unlocked them and they've said some interesting things. I imagine there's quite a lot of variation since you'll run into different groups at different times, and consequently take them out of the running earlier or later. Plus how you can eliminate one of the two major jaeger groups early, so they won't be present later on. Which of the two did you side with?

Posted : 29/10/2021 11:30 pm
JumpyJunpei
Topic starter

Spoiler
Yep, going back to look at Kevin's Stigma, it's totally red. Guess I memory holed that completely. Lot of that going around with Kevin these days lol.

Don't know if you saw, but Van's S-Craft looks a whole lot cooler now. I'm curious what was behind that decision. I know I was a little underwhelmed by it initially, so I wonder if they got feedback about that and decided to update it. Might have to go and check everyone else and see if anything changed. There was also an interesting bit on the patch notes about adding movies? Perhaps to a movie viewer you unlock at the end, or something.

I decided to side with Feri's old crew. I didn't really see how I could do anything else!

Posted : 30/10/2021 12:22 am

The visual updates seem to be mainly fine-tuning animations and camerawork. Given all the changes, the early-purchase DLC looks in retrospect like an unstated apology for the state of the game on release.

Spoiler
Chapter 5 choices
I went with the Bracer Guild because I don't find Ikaruga particularly compelling as of yet (it would be fun if Shizuna were a red herring and it's actually Kurogane who has the plot-relevant background.) I chose to kill all the enemies (sorry, not risking injury to save mass murderers attempting suicide-by-cop). In the Bracer route Zin & co. intervene, though, so you get more LGC points that way. For the first enemy I handed them over to Heiyue because I didn't think the Bracers had the facilities to hold them and Elaine was a little upset. Sorry. The other two I handed over to the Bracers. And I sided with Feri's dad, too.

Posted : 30/10/2021 6:21 pm
JumpyJunpei
Topic starter

I guess they really rushed it out the door to hit that release date. Have they never delayed a game before?

Spoiler
Chapter 5 end
So we seem to have no villains left, aside from Melchior (hard to imagine we deal with Ouroboros in what's left of this game).

Well, ok, there was clearly something going on just as Van ran Gerard through, so I'll hold off on declaring him dead dead, but I'm fairly stumped as to where things go from here. Clearly whatever it is, it's tied into Mare's strange reaction.

Gerard's S-Craft certainly raised an eyebrow for me. Maybe Falcom just really dig the eye motif, or could it mean something more?

Interesting reaction from Quatre upon the mention of the DG cult, but I wonder if they're gonna make us wait for the next game to get that reveal.

I feel like a dope asking this now, but is it all clear yet why Judith is able to transform as she does? She obviously can't be just an actress, but I don't remember there being a big expostion scene about her history.

Posted : 31/10/2021 11:21 am

I guess they really rushed it out the door to hit that release date. Have they never delayed a game before?

Spoiler
Chapter 5 end
So we seem to have no villains left, aside from Melchior (hard to imagine we deal with Ouroboros in what's left of this game).

Well, ok, there was clearly something going on just as Van ran Gerard through, so I'll hold off on declaring him dead dead, but I'm fairly stumped as to where things go from here. Clearly whatever it is, it's tied into Mare's strange reaction.

Gerard's S-Craft certainly raised an eyebrow for me. Maybe Falcom just really dig the eye motif, or could it mean something more?

Interesting reaction from Quatre upon the mention of the DG cult, but I wonder if they're gonna make us wait for the next game to get that reveal.

I feel like a dope asking this now, but is it all clear yet why Judith is able to transform as she does? She obviously can't be just an actress, but I don't remember there being a big expostion scene about her history.

I don't think they have (Hajimari did have that big DLC but that felt more like bonus content.) It seems apparent that their traditional schedule does not suit AA development in the modern era and I hope executive management reconsiders. Setting aside all the technical issues, someone on Kamikouryaku took 900 screenshots just of typos and grammatical errors. 

Spoiler
About the boss motif
I wrote about this earlier, but I think it's a deliberate reference as both Weissman and Joachim are also associated with demonic powers and used 'evil eye' attacks. One of Weissman's most memorable fight quotes in SC is "I can feel it, the shudder of Purgatory." Gerard's S-craft is named Pandemonium Ruler. Whether these attacks symbolize mental damage from being observed from creatures Outside, outright demonic attacks, or something else, who knows.

Spoiler
About Judith
No, it's not explained. The Genesis did react to her, but it's not clear whether it reacts to other units in its series or just to other powers period.

Posted : 31/10/2021 1:09 pm
Yotaka
Falcom Romantic Admin

With all the Real Life stuff I finished up Chapter 5 on Saturday and didn't get a chance to do much more than start up Finale. But since the former's done I can go back to all those skipped posts. Damn, that ending was a rush.

Spoiler
Chapter 5 Ending
I'm immediately suspicious of the ending because 1) Melchior is still at large (a fact that people keep bringing up at the start of Finale) and 2) Gerard seemed to act like he'd won even after we ran him through. The fact that Mare was acting strangely and Gerard seems to know more about Grendel than we do (to the point of calling it 'your nightmare') makes it clear there's something important we're missing here. Also, two Genesis are still unaccounted for and those have been doing increasingly freaky things so... I'm wondering if that was actually Gerard that we killed, since Falcom has been reminding us how important Hajimari is and that Simulacrum technology has been reverse-engineered by one group already, and there wasn't the kind of bloodshed we saw with other dead Almata members, and Melchior deliberately blew up Gerard's corpse. So yeah, if he shows up again in Finale and reveals that we killed his stunt double, I'm not going to be surprised.

Somewhat related, Falcom, don't think I didn't notice that Quatre reacted to the mention of DG as well as Van... and I'm going to enjoy using that on people who are bitching that Falcom/NISA should have prioritized this game and skipped Crossbell or released them later.

Posted by: @sinjitsu_itiro

cleared chapter 5 last night and have some theory-related thoughts (as opposed to comments on the writing orz) so I thought I would write them up here instead of on fusetter.

Spoiler
Given that Dingo's camera survived and the science team didn't detect any radiation, I'm going to bet that the people in Creil were transferred to another dimension. rd technology is impressively versatile, and yet the Xipha is the first orbment model to use it. I wonder if the Epstein Institute was holding it back from orbments it supervised because of some sort of potential hazard? It's interesting that Gerard's s-craft, Pandemonium Ruler, uses the Evil Eyes like Weissman. I rewatched the Grandmaster episode of Hajimari recently and she quotes a line from the nursery rhyme Kagome Kagome: "Who is that right behind me?" The nursery rhyme seems to describe a bird in a cage or basket that eventually breaks free (there are a lot of interpretations).If you consider Zemuria the bird, the 'shackles' as the basket, and the eyes are entities from the Outside looking in, possibly the Evil Eyes are meant to indicate mental damage from being observed by Whatever is out there in a Cthulhu sort of way or, alternately, the shackles being broken. I'm pretty confident by now that Gray Arnold is Dingo's younger brother, since he's shown as trying very hard to get strong enough before it's too late, hiding the extent of his actual capabilities, and going on his own to Oracion. If I recall correctly he's from Ored or Leman and it sounds like he's from a good family. I get the impression Dingo left his real name behind to try to bring down Armata. Elaine is amazing in chapter 5 and shows incredible strength of will: leaving behind a comfortable life and becoming an A-rank Bracer just to investigate her own father, and then being willing to sacrifice even her new position to arrest him, and doing all this almost entirely alone. I see she learned from Van the bad habit of shouldering everything by herself... And with 2/3 of the set acting like that, it makes me worried what Rene is trying to handle alone. Elaine and Agnes both parallel each other in some ways: both have angelic/heavenly motifs in their Crafts, both are blond and from high-class backgrounds, both have issues with their dads, both are in love with Van... I am so not looking forward to the shipping wars. There are a few references to an S-rank Bracer out and about but they're very careful not to mention any details. Wonder if this guy is an Anguis. Most of Armata's captains win the "congratulations, I don't care" award previously won by the ILF. Ok you have a tragic backstory, that's no excuse. At least Arioch is funny. Gerard's sword is described as an Artifact but it seems closer to the Outside Law swords Loewe and McBurn received from the Grandmaster.

Spoiler
Chapter 5 End
- Yeah, I definitely noticed the eye motif there. Falcom has used it so often that I really expect they'll eventually give us an explanation for it beyond 'it's creepy/cool'. Per Kevin, Weissmann's Evil Eye was based on a more powerful incantation which by implication is related to the Outside since one of the Devils uses it, Joachim uses Gnosis to replicate the former and the eye motifs are all over everything connected to Ishmelga, from the Nameless One to Alberich's S-Craft to the Tuatha De Danann, and now Gerard uses it too. It kind of reminds me of something that Brandon Sanderson has used in his Skyward series, where the 'Nowhere' that psychic powers make use of is filled with eyes that look at anyone who goes there and terrible things can happen when they get angry.

- I hadn't thought of Gray as being related to Dingo but that would actually make a good deal of sense. He's definitely something, as the Intermission quest makes clear.

- Elaine really shone in this Chapter, along with her and Van's interactions. Shame we didn't get to see her one-on-one with Arioch onscreen but with all the other eye candy fights we got, I think I can live with just imagining that one. And yeah, not only have Falcom been careful to not give details on the S-rank(s?) who came from the guild headquarters in Leman but they're basically trolling us with that lack of information, as it comes up again in early Finale. Possibly related, we still have those two bracers identified only by their titles from back in Zero; I'm waiting to find out that one or both of them are some of our unknown S-ranks.

- Yeah, Gerard's sword sounds almost like an Outside piece and the name is almost spot-on to the named weapons (it's the contradictory 'Holy Demonic Sword 'Apeiron') so I wonder about that. It's possible that it actually is from the Outside and Barkhorn just doesn't think the rest of us need to know that, or that Artifacts (some at least) have connections to the Outside that explains some of what they can do.

Speaking of which, having done the intro for each of the potential teamups (except Heiyue because I didn't have Gray 3 by then) I noticed that Lucrezia says that her 'dusk glaive' was given to her by the Grandmaster. Seeing the visual effects when she summons and uses that thing, I'm pretty certain it's an Outside Law weapon.

Oh Yotaka we may have a name for the islands to the south..

Spoiler
a character mentions the Morsia Archipelago around the Free Cities, so unless it's not-Japan or there's islands to the north...

So... who was it and where was it? I looked for it and found a few NPCs who might have discussed that sort of thing but I didn't catch any names being dropped. Given how much went on it's quite possible I missed talking to the right person at the right time.

The visual updates seem to be mainly fine-tuning animations and camerawork. Given all the changes, the early-purchase DLC looks in retrospect like an unstated apology for the state of the game on release.

Spoiler
Chapter 5 choices
I went with the Bracer Guild because I don't find Ikaruga particularly compelling as of yet (it would be fun if Shizuna were a red herring and it's actually Kurogane who has the plot-relevant background.) I chose to kill all the enemies (sorry, not risking injury to save mass murderers attempting suicide-by-cop). In the Bracer route Zin & co. intervene, though, so you get more LGC points that way. For the first enemy I handed them over to Heiyue because I didn't think the Bracers had the facilities to hold them and Elaine was a little upset. Sorry. The other two I handed over to the Bracers. And I sided with Feri's dad, too.

Spoiler
Same
While it would be hilarious if Shizuna's a red herring, I'm pretty sure she won't be. Between Kurogane calling her 'princess', the fact that her S-Craft is prefixed '皇技/Imperial Skill', the ruler of the now fallen Holy Isuka Empire being given that same 皇 title used by the Japanese emperors and the fact that Shizuna and Kurogane keep having side conversations about the nine groups that once made up the Empire... yeah, the dots aren't hard to connect.

Related to that, while イスカ could be read as Iska like the tribe in Ys VII, it's also how the Japanese refer to a particular bird, which fits nicely with Ikaruga being named after another bird. Totally a coincidence, I'm sure...

Interesting that allying with the bracers prevents you from actually killing the Almata members, but it does make sense that they'd be opposed to that. I've also heard that it's possible for Elaine's father to be killed during the cutscene which suggests there's some combination of choices that determine that outcome. I wonder if it's just picking him as the culprit the first time you're asked, or if it's a combination of things.

Might as well give all my Chapter 5 choices then:

Spoiler
Choices
- Partnered with Ikaruga
- Sided with the Khurga
- Killed Viola
- Killed Alexandre
- Spared Olympia and sent her to the Bracers

Spoiler
Chapter 5 end

They have, sort of. Ys VIII was originally planned for simultaneous release on Vita and PS4 but Falcom pushed the latter back because it wasn't ready yet and they eventually added all that extra content to it that made it the definitive version; the original plan was for the versions to be identical content-wise. But that's not quite delaying a game per se because they still had something to release on the planned date.

Still waiting for a future update to add in the enemy notes...

Spoiler
Chapter 5 Ending
- Yeah, like I mentioned earlier the way that Gerard and Melchior both react screams 'It's not over yet!', especially with the whole 'I've found it, I've accomplished my goal' on the former's part. Related to Mare's strange reaction, the way that Van interrupted her and the way that Falcom keeps making transforming into Grendel a 'choice' is setting off every alarm bell in my head. There's no way this is going to bite us in the ass...

- I don't believe Judith's transformation has been explained and she doesn't seem to have a special Hollow Core like Van does that would explain it either (plus, she started working as Grimcats well before the RAMDA or the XIPHA were released) so we just have guesswork. Since she's the third Grimcats it's probably something the family knows how to do which they've passed down. Rapid disguising has been seen before with Bleublanc (another phantom thief) so it could be something similar to what he does. The closest we have to evidence for how it works is when she makes that little finger gesture before her hair changes color, like she's adjusting the settings on some device we can't see.

Posted : 02/11/2021 6:23 pm

I checked my screenshot and I think it was actually in the last chapter

Spoiler

The spelling is probably Morgia モルジア. Now that I typed it out, I'm wondering if the name is from 'Morgiana' and if it and the neighboring Free Cities are part of the Middle East.

Speaking of which, having done the intro for each of the potential teamups (except Heiyue because I didn't have Gray 3 by then) I noticed that Lucrezia says that her 'dusk glaive' was given to her by the Grandmaster. Seeing the visual effects when she summons and uses that thing, I'm pretty certain it's an Outside Law weapon.

Oh boy just what we needed. I forgot when we learn this so spoilers just in case

Spoiler
Lucrezia
Lucrezia is described as having supernatural powers 異能 so adding an Outside weapon on top of that.... Thanks so much Grandmaster.

Was wondering what you thought about a particular moment in chapter 5

Spoiler
Thing
Ellroy admitting he was preparing to murder everyone participating in the Death Game with chemical weapons, and if not for the game rules, everyone in Oracion period. Ellroy did a good job of raising Ouroboros' threat level back up after so many have quit or turned out to be ready to chill with the main characters. I'm kind of wondering if McBurn gave him that scar on his face...

Spoiler
Choices
Interesting that allying with the bracers prevents you from actually killing the Almata members, but it does make sense that they'd be opposed to that. I've also heard that it's possible for Elaine's father to be killed during the cutscene which suggests there's some combination of choices that determine that outcome. I wonder if it's just picking him as the culprit the first time you're asked, or if it's a combination of things.

I didn't know that. That seems like a plot point that would be picked up in the next game, which makes me wonder how much this game's choices will carry over. 

Anyway some things I hope will be discussed in Kuro 2

Spoiler
Endgame spoilers do not click yada yada
1) the last Genesis (since so far each Genesis has come with a party member, that last one had better have Elaine's name on it or I riot 2) 77 demons/McBurn/D:G 3) what is out there and did Van break the wall 4) are there 8 Genesis units because the last one is observing the Outer Laws or because Epstein tried to create an 8th law beyond the 7 elements in Zemuria? 5) more information about Taikun 6) Zemuria got rewritten wut

Incidentally,

Spoiler
Random speculation
you know how Trion Tower (I assume it's named after the Arc de Triomphe which is close by the Tour Eiffel) was built by Epstein? Trion トリオン is just one character off of (Sept)Terrion テリオン... There's also a character who's obsessed with it so I'm expecting it to be the final dungeon in Kuro 2.

Hope you enjoy the rest of the game! 

Posted : 02/11/2021 7:11 pm
Yotaka
Falcom Romantic Admin

The spelling is probably Morgia モルジア. Now that I typed it out, I'm wondering if the name is from 'Morgiana' and if it and the neighboring Free Cities are part of the Middle East

It really would not surprise me if that's where Falcom drew the name from. We already have the two kids in Tharbad taking about Middle Eastern folklore (that the boy visiting town hasn't heard before) which includes the 'Djinni in the Lamp' and Feri drops occasional references as well.

Was wondering what you thought about a particular moment in chapter 5

Spoiler
Thing
Ellroy admitting he was preparing to murder everyone participating in the Death Game with chemical weapons, and if not for the game rules, everyone in Oracion period. Ellroy did a good job of raising Ouroboros' threat level back up after so many have quit or turned out to be ready to chill with the main characters. I'm kind of wondering if McBurn gave him that scar on his face...

Yeah, definitely raising the threat level back again.

Spoiler
Between that and the revelation that he created Garden out of the remnants of the Moonlight Horse and the DG Cult (because he could) and then let them do their own thing (because he couldn't be bothered to supervise them) puts Ellroy right up on the list of terribly dangerous people that need watching, and makes you wonder exactly what he's bringing to the table that caused the Grandmaster to make him an Anguis.

I joked on floofy's last stream that his scarring wasn't from a fight but instead was a tragic smoking accident. Though I suppose that's not mutually exclusive with McBurn causing it, if the former asked the latter for a light...

Hope you enjoy the rest of the game! 

Oh, I plan to! xD

Posted : 02/11/2021 11:00 pm
Hellseye
Kiseki Crack Editor

Spoiler
Elroy
I don’t know if Falcom is actually doing the Seven Deadly Sins Anguis thing but damn if Elroy doesn’t fit sloth—both the common interpretation and Dante’s interpretation! “Oh I was going to kill everyone, but I think I’ll let you deal with it instead.” “ Oh I fused together two evil organization from the Middle Ages and just let them do whatever they want, oops.”

Posted : 03/11/2021 3:13 pm

That's an interesting perspective.. I didn't think of that.

Spoiler
Elroy
Honestly, what he reminded me of was onmyouji (Japanese ying-yang sorcerers). Particularly his use of poison and the way he put two horrible things together to see what would happen reminded me of the Kodoku curse (in which you put a whole lot of venomous creatures together into a pot and seal them so that they fight for the survivor/resulting malevolent spirit  to create the ultimate poison.) That said I certainly did not expect "Thousand Oathbreaker" to come down to "I violate all the laws of war on a regular basis just for fun, plus regulations on smoking indoors."

I can't imagine he got along very well with some of the other Anguis....

Posted : 03/11/2021 4:29 pm
Yotaka
Falcom Romantic Admin

Posted by: @hellseye47

Spoiler
Elroy
I don’t know if Falcom is actually doing the Seven Deadly Sins Anguis thing but damn if Elroy doesn’t fit sloth—both the common interpretation and Dante’s interpretation! “Oh I was going to kill everyone, but I think I’ll let you deal with it instead.” “ Oh I fused together two evil organization from the Middle Ages and just let them do whatever they want, oops.”

Irony of ironies, back before CS3 came out, when 'Lechter is the Fourth Anguis' was still a semi-viable theory, that was exactly the sin he got pegged with. The more things change... xD

Posted : 03/11/2021 5:07 pm
JumpyJunpei
Topic starter

Spoiler
Just stepped into the final dungeon
Can't say I'm too enthused at having all these villains back. Granted, I was wondering what the final boss rush could possibly consist of, given everyone was donezo. Or that this was going to be something more akin to CS1's final dungeon. Kind of scratching my head at how, Gerard aside, they're even here, considering some or all could be dead. I could buy that the ones I spared busted out of prison, but the others? Could be they're Phantasma-style recreations or simulacrums or some such, since the Genesis orbments seem capable of pretty much damn near anything at this point. I'm just not too thrilled at the idea of having to go through them all again after we literally just did a kind of boss rush with them a few hours a go in the previous chapter. And they were all decisive victories with no holding back excuses or anything. This just feels a little unecessary, I guess.

So, the Sept Terrion for this arc has to be Time, right? I can't see it being anything else after all the temporal shenanigans going on here.

Placing my prediction now: Judith's actress friend (whose name eludes me) is a wandering witch. The way we catch her talking to whoever she was talking to, plus her shaky explanation were very reminiscent of catching Emma talking to Celine.

It was interesting hearing Renne say Cross' name when she was trapped. If she'd said Quatre that'd have to have sealed it, but I guess they're gonna string us along to the next game for that reveal. Damn them!

The whole set up for this final chapter, or the section where all hell breaks loose, gave me some heavy Tokyo Xanadu vibes. Right down to charging into the final dungeon in your car while your allies bust a way through for you. No Towa, though.

Posted : 04/11/2021 10:01 am

Spoiler
Final dungeon
Yeah, it comes off as odd/unnecessary and made me wonder if they couldn't have made chapter 5 and 6 move more briskly by moving those confrontations to the final dungeon instead of the death game. Particularly since the story flow in every single arrondissement you liberate is exactly the same (arrive in a new area, get surrounded, get rescued in the nick of time by an ally, catch up and regroup, break all the orbs, move on to the next.

About Nina, have you seen her character episodes from watching movies with her/bond events?

Spoiler
Spoilers for those
She says she doesn't have a identity of her own, to the point that she takes on the personality of her assigned part almost completely while performing (Method acting with Gnosis?). I actually suspect she's a victim of Wooden Horse or of D:G and working for MTSC.

Posted : 04/11/2021 10:28 am
Hellseye
Kiseki Crack Editor

FYI I don’t actually know Japanese and everything I write is visual or from reading other people comments and translations. 

Spoiler
Sept-Terrion Speculation Full Spoilers
Despite being a fairly ardent wind theory prior to release, actually seeing Calvard has convinced me that it’s Time and it has nothing really to do with the “obvious” imagery. The biggest thing is that Calvard culturally does not fit Wind in the slightest. Erebonia has the stubborn pride of Fire and earth. Liberlians are described as having “dignity” differentiating them from other nation’s people. You’d expect the Wind nation to be a bit more Logos than Calvard. Time on the other hand is about entropy and change and Calvard’s history of revolution, democracy, and diversity fit that pretty well.

I’m going to take a stab and guess that Falcom actually is going for the Trimurti analogy with higher elements with Time being equivalent to Shiva the Destroyer. It fits with the whole nothingness of all thing (which considering how fast the timeline is moving, will be covered this arc) and the entropic nature of the Time element. The final dungeon’s interior also seems to be inspired by Shiva’s infinite pillar of light and the final boss refers to something as “the infinite” which fits both Shiva and my omnipresence theory about Time. 

Posted : 04/11/2021 5:16 pm
Page 4 / 5