15 Users
15 Likes
15.7 K Views
Hellseye
Kiseki Crack Editor

@jumpyjunpei

Spoiler
Hajimari
The answer is that the end of world would come to pass not long after the events of Sen IV if anything were to happen outside the scope of the good ending so it doesn’t matter.

Posted : 02/04/2021 2:33 am
JumpyJunpei

Posted by: @hellseye47

@jumpyjunpei

Spoiler
Hajimari
The answer is that the end of world would come to pass not long after the events of Sen IV if anything were to happen outside the scope of the good ending so it doesn’t matter.

Spoiler
Really? Even with Ishmelga getting yeeted into space? How was that again?

So I finished Nayuta, and I'm sorry but I can't consider it a real Trails game

Spoiler
End game
Prof. Volans was completely on the level and was in no way sinister. Unthinkable for Kiseki.

Having cleared the game, I can't help but notice that my training book had a good two pages or so left in it, so can I assume that you fill it in on NG+? It did say there were new stages, so I have to assume that's where the rest of Noi's magic is acquired, too. Is there any addistional story content?

Also, I'm wondering how upfront Falcom was about the game's relation (or seeming lack thereof) to the rest of the series, when the first images and info were released. Assuming anyone here was paying attention to that stuff back then. I could imagine some of that concept art of its world making people's heads spin, considering how it's unlike anything on Zemuria

This post was modified 3 years ago by JumpyJunpei

Posted : 09/04/2021 4:19 pm
Yotaka
Falcom Romantic Admin
Topic starter

Posted by: @jumpyjunpei

So I finished Nayuta, and I'm sorry but I can't consider it a real Trails game

Spoiler
End game
Prof. Volans was completely on the level and was in no way sinister. Unthinkable for Kiseki.

Having cleared the game, I can't help but notice that my training book had a good two pages or so left in it, so can I assume that you fill it in on NG+? It did say there were new stages, so I have to assume that's where the rest of Noi's magic is acquired, too. Is there any addistional story content?

Also, I'm wondering how upfront Falcom was about the game's relation (or seeming lack thereof) to the rest of the series, when the first images and info were released. Assuming anyone here was paying attention to that stuff back then. I could imagine some of that concept art of its world making people's heads spin, considering how it's unlike anything on Zemuria

I was waiting for you to see that and react. xD

Spoiler
Nayuta endgame
Volans is the exception that proves the rule. And yeah, I'm salty as well that he turns out to be on the level.

Yes, there's a lot of postgame content. You might have noticed that you're missing a season for each continent as well. There is some interesting lore content in the postgame and additional quests but the main plot wraps up with After Story.

Falcom was pretty upfront that the game was using the Kiseki name but shouldn't be taken as a part of the main series. I forget exactly when it was that Kondo first said so directly. But yes, the early reveals very much made people's heads spin, especially since concept art of Terra vaguely resembles Liber-Ark.

Posted : 09/04/2021 7:42 pm
JumpyJunpei

Just to clarify

Spoiler
Same spoilers/CS4 endgame
Do you have to play through it again to see this stuff? After I finished it just booted me back to the menu after saving a clear game.

I'm rather intrigued by some of the things you get for the museum. The real world plane certainly arched an eyebrow... Not to mention a book on alchemy and an angel statue that gave me a real double take when I thought for a second it was an image of Aidios. Speaking of, might Aidios be a Mythos? The power of stars/Astal power or whatever the accurate term is could seem like Divine power. Also, if Astral power is right, does it use the same character in Japanese that Astral Code does? Seems like a reach, since I'm basing this on the updated fan translation.

After Terra zoomed off into space, could it have eventually become the world we know from regular Trails? I don't really know how to explain how it went from its current state to being a planet, but I guess we technically haven't seen what Zemuria's world looks like from space aside from the odd OTT S-Craft. I also saw on the wiki that Zemurian ore is mentioned on Remnant at some point, which adds a wrinkle to that idea. Maybe this world is Zemuria from eons ago? But why would it be called Zemurian? Is this game actually the far flung future? Who knows!

I've seen a rather amusing (joke?) theory that Nayuta is McBurn, but aside from the hair it's hard to imagine given McBurn's background. Plus, you'd think McBurn's human appearance is just whoever he merged with 50 years ago *coughEpsteincough*

Posted : 09/04/2021 10:10 pm
Yotaka
Falcom Romantic Admin
Topic starter

Posted by: @jumpyjunpei

Just to clarify

Spoiler
Same spoilers/CS4 endgame
Do you have to play through it again to see this stuff? After I finished it just booted me back to the menu after saving a clear game.

I'm rather intrigued by some of the things you get for the museum. The real world plane certainly arched an eyebrow... Not to mention a book on alchemy and an angel statue that gave me a real double take when I thought for a second it was an image of Aidios. Speaking of, might Aidios be a Mythos? The power of stars/Astal power or whatever the accurate term is could seem like Divine power. Also, if Astral power is right, does it use the same character in Japanese that Astral Code does? Seems like a reach, since I'm basing this on the updated fan translation.

After Terra zoomed off into space, could it have eventually become the world we know from regular Trails? I don't really know how to explain how it went from its current state to being a planet, but I guess we technically haven't seen what Zemuria's world looks like from space aside from the odd OTT S-Craft. I also saw on the wiki that Zemurian ore is mentioned on Remnant at some point, which adds a wrinkle to that idea. Maybe this world is Zemuria from eons ago? But why would it be called Zemurian? Is this game actually the far flung future? Who knows!

I've seen a rather amusing (joke?) theory that Nayuta is McBurn, but aside from the hair it's hard to imagine given McBurn's background. Plus, you'd think McBurn's human appearance is just whoever he merged with 50 years ago *coughEpsteincough*

Spoiler
Same as above
- Yes, the extra content is available in NG+ and you'll need to replay the game to the point that continents are available in-story to see the new seasons or reach the appropriate Chapters for the new quests. Once you hit Chapter 5 you'll have access to all the new stuff. Thanks to carryover, you can breeze through the stuff you've already done without too much effort.

- I wouldn't take the museum items too seriously; they're very obviously based on the same mechanic from Zwei II (Nayuta is basically Zwei III in most respects other than the setting) and Falcom sometimes sticks jokes in places like that. Zwei II's museum had the Black Pearl from the Ys series for instance, and Azure had Ragna's aeroplane from Zwei II as a decoration for Lloyd's room.

- Astral Power and the Astral Code aren't intentionally similar, they just share a common character between them. They're 星の力 and 星辰コード respectively in Japanese, with the latter having furigana indicating that it should be read as 'Astral' while the former doesn't have anything like that. It could have been translated as 'Stellar' or 'Starry' or 'Celestial' and those would have been just as accurate.

- Yeah, you'll see a reference to Zemurian Ore in NG+. That plus the use of mira for currency could be a cheeky joke from Falcom or it could be significant, but like you're noticing it's hard to figure out how to make the two settings mesh.

One thing that did not help is that when the map of Zemuria came out, it included commentary that the archipelago south of Calvard resembles the layout of the Scientia Sea.

- The McBurn is Nayuta thing is a joke based on the former having (as one of his several shades) hair color kinda similar to the latter but I don't think anyone takes it too seriously, especially after CS4. I'm sorta back and forth now on whether McBurn actually is a merging of the Outsider and Epstein, based on some preliminary Kuro crack and whether or not Epstein was a young genius or not.

Now if you want some good Nayuta crack fodder, Nayuta and Towa Herscnel and the latter's Zemurian Ore weapon from CS2 is literally Star Gun 'Nayuta' in Japanese (星霊銃「那由多」). And Towa has a (very slightly taller) counterpart in Tokyo Xanadu's universe. Now there's a rabbit hole with no bottom. xD

Posted : 10/04/2021 12:04 am

Didn't think this warranted a new thread, but in case someone wasn't aware Geofront released their Azure translation yesterday. Will be a while before I dip into it myself, saving it for my Trails replay sometime end of this year or early next year. 

May have a problem with the fact that Joyoland doesn't want to work for me. Was going to at least get the game and have the game ready for when I do get around to it, but the website barely loads the front page and when I try to go to the account sign in to make an account, the web screen is completely blank no matter which browser I use. Was wondering if anyone else was having this problem and what could be causing it. 

Posted : 23/05/2021 2:23 pm
Yotaka
Falcom Romantic Admin
Topic starter

I just checked and it's currently working for me (tested on Firefox and Edge). Maybe they were having server-side issues when you visited the site?

Posted : 23/05/2021 3:31 pm

Huh, it now is working on my end. I guess it was server issues. Thanks for the head up!

Posted : 23/05/2021 3:35 pm
Just a cold piece of steel

When would you say is the best time to read the Drama CD that takes place between Zero and Azure that Geofront translated? I know it takes place prior to Azure, but does it reveal anything that's better first experienced in Azure before experiencing it in the CD? For example, like how Ring of Judgment, as far as I'm aware, reveals

Spoiler
Trails to Zero Spoilers
Estelle and Joshua showing up in Crossbell
which is first shown in Chapter 1 of Zero. I also have someone I want to recommend these too, but am unsure when the best time to do so is as I haven't experienced it all for myself yet. Any advice or input would be welcome.

Posted : 24/05/2021 10:40 pm

Posted by: @cold_steel_iv

When would you say is the best time to read the Drama CD that takes place between Zero and Azure that Geofront translated? I know it takes place prior to Azure, but does it reveal anything that's better first experienced in Azure before experiencing it in the CD? For example, like how Ring of Judgment, as far as I'm aware, reveals

Spoiler
Trails to Zero Spoilers
Estelle and Joshua showing up in Crossbell
which is first shown in Chapter 1 of Zero. I also have someone I want to recommend these too, but am unsure when the best time to do so is as I haven't experienced it all for myself yet. Any advice or input would be welcome.

You can read it whenever. It doesn't spoil any plot twists, and in fact makes it easier to understand what's happening in the prologue/first chapter.

Posted : 24/05/2021 10:46 pm
Yotaka
Falcom Romantic Admin
Topic starter

Yeah, you can read the interquel at any point. Even Ring of Judgment doesn't really spoil anything insofar as 1) It was released before Zero so Falcom didn't consider that particular detail a spoiler and 2) the fact that they appear in the game was revealed in all sorts of promotional material, so the only way the Japanese fanbase wouldn't have known about it is if they never looked at the official website or the trailer.

By contrast, the CS1 drama cd actually does give away some stuff:

Spoiler
CS1 late-game
Namely, it talks about Rean's ogre power (which wasn't revealed anywhere in advance) and that Crow and Millium join Class VII.

Which is why XSEED's transcription suggests finishing the game first, though really you can read it after finishing Chapter 6 since that's when the content actually happens.

Posted : 25/05/2021 12:17 am
Wuolong77

I've read some rumor that at some point, Falcom's lead writer Hisayoshi Takeiri got into a fight with the Cold Steel arc artist Fumika Murakami. Is there any substance to this claim, or just the usual internet rumor echo chamber?

Posted : 06/06/2021 8:43 am
Hellseye
Kiseki Crack Editor

I wouldn't put much value into that rumor. It also said that the Celceta artist would be the character artist for Calvard, but then we got Enami back instead.

Posted : 07/06/2021 4:42 pm
Wuolong77

Thanks for the reply.

Truth be told, I didn't put much stock in the rumor from the beginning. The main reason I ask is because the poster who spreads this rumor says that - and I quote - "The geofront/endless history/Falcom Music clique" claims the above rumor, the moment he was pressed about where he got that info. 

And said poster has a... tendency to be disingenuous with his arguments. Before I posted the question here, I also checked this rumor through three search engines. Nothing besides an abandoned Falcom/reddit thread, where the poster says that they got the info from some old Falcom forum thread that they can't even remember.

Posted : 07/06/2021 5:22 pm
JumpyJunpei

Spoiler
CS4 ending
Something I wanted to clarify: when Rean expels Ishmelga from his soul and traps him within the Earthen prison, was he also expelling all the gathered energies from the other knights which then fused with Ishmelga's thoughtform to become Ishmelga Loge? The English tranlsation sort of makes it sound like there was already a power within the prison:

"And by trapping that form within the Holy
Beast's prison, we've allowed it to merge
with a tremendous amount of power...
"

Or was it more the case that he expelled Ishmelga which itself had already fused with the power of the other knights?

Posted : 08/06/2021 1:50 am
Page 23 / 27