Kuro no Kiseki

Notifications
Clear all

Kuro no Kiseki

174 Posts
7 Users
12 Likes
JumpyJunpei

My guess about Judith transforming was right on the money and I'm glad that means it's not just Van who gets one. Speaking of whom, it was surprsing to see him seemingly keeping up with Hime, but who knows; maybe the very next second has his weapon split asunder and him smeared across a wall.

Animations are definitely looking nice, but I'm going to assume it'll be like Hajimari and probably reserved for key moments. We'll see.

Seems like we've got quite a band of villains this time around, one of whom seems to have some kind of construct? Rival for Quatre, maybe.

Digging the OP song after Hajimari's left me pretty indifferent. I'd wondered if the music from the first trailer might've been an instrumental version of it, and it looks like it was.

Also, Berghorn S-Craft sighting, I think? It'll be interesting to see if folks get 2 in this game, and if that's where he'll utilize his Stigma that he totally doesn't have.

Oh and it's a minor thing, but it's nice to see that weapons are shown on the character models outside of combat. No more pulling them out of thin air!

Edit: Maybe my eyes are playing tricks on me, but is that Carna with Feri???

This post was modified 3 years ago 2 times by JumpyJunpei

Posted : 21/07/2021 9:10 am
Yotaka
Falcom Romantic Admin
Topic starter

Man, I feel like the character in the films who wakes up one day and realizes he slept through the apocalypse. A new video dropping while I was asleep that's full of this much goodness is pretty close. xD

- Nice touch that after we've been formally introduced to all the characters in the initial teaser (well, except Kurogane) they use the last character we haven't seen, the lady with the gun, to introduce our latest antagonist group who will probably be the main opposition during the story. Wardens of the Garden perhaps? We know they've got access to at least some artifacts.

- On that topic, this is a varied bunch of weirdos indeed. Wald's Angrier Brother, Crazy Gun lady, Mummy Girl with the Archaism, Dark Knight Guy Who Needs Visine, Waving Kid and Smirking Guy.

- Shizuna seems to be enjoying herself in the fight with Van. It's so nice when people love what they do.

- Thousand Oathbreaker may have a trendy evil goatee but that coat has just got to go, girlfriend!

- Yeah, Judith as the figure from the card is confirmed and that suggests more characters than just Van will have a transformation gimmick.

- While I can't work out what character that's supposed to be in Barkhorn's attack at the end, it looks like he's attacking a Weiss Clown from Hajimari there.

Since the Dengeki livestream that airs tomorrow promised new video footage and they just released this, it's safe to say we aren't getting the full trailer. Most likely since they just revealed Grendel we'll see gameplay footage of Van while transformed now that it's out in the open. Good thing the Kuro portion is a couple hours in, it means I won't have to wake up super-early to watch it just an hour or so.

Posted by: @jumpyjunpei

Animations are definitely looking nice, but I'm going to assume it'll be like Hajimari and probably reserved for key moments. We'll see.

It sounds like the new engine is making various parts of the process easier so maybe there will be more moments of it because they can save time elsewhere in the process. But yeah, I'd expect the best animation work to be reserved for the most important moments.

Digging the OP song after Hajimari's left me pretty indifferent. I'd wondered if the music from the first trailer might've been an instrumental version of it, and it looks like it was.

I liked No End No World, certainly way better than either of CS4's songs or CS3's OP. And I won't mind a bit if they do the opening in the same style, parts of this teaser even look like they'd fit right into the opening movie.

Also, Berghorn S-Craft sighting, I think? It'll be interesting to see if folks get 2 in this game, and if that's where he'll utilize his Stigma that he totally doesn't have.

Oh and it's a minor thing, but it's nice to see that weapons are shown on the character models outside of combat. No more pulling them out of thin air!

Totally doesn't have...

And yeah, it's a nice touch. Speaking of weapons you can make out the detailing on Feri's gun in her shot, well enough to read that Falcom's provided us a romanization for her group. Khurga Warriors Clan.

Edit: Maybe my eyes are playing tricks on me, but is that Carna with Feri???

If that's not Carna it must be her twin sister or something because yeah, that was my first thought too. xD

Posted : 21/07/2021 5:17 pm
JumpyJunpei

While I can't work out what character that's supposed to be in Barkhorn's attack at the end, it looks like he's attacking a Weiss Clown from Hajimari there.

Hah, I was going to ask about that. Someone posted a video with a translation for the lyrics and included one for the character: soul. Does that seem right?

Posted : 21/07/2021 11:39 pm
Yotaka
Falcom Romantic Admin
Topic starter

Hah, I was going to ask about that. Someone posted a video with a translation for the lyrics and included one for the character: soul. Does that seem right?

If you squint, it kinda looks like it. The left-hand radicals are a bit wonky but the thing's stylized enough that it could be that. Based on pretty much every past example, it's a safe bet that it's part of the name of the attack so we'll be able to verify it sooner or later.

And just because I can and I enjoy making baseless predictions about proper names that rarely turn out correctly (stares at my Sept-Terrion theory) I'm going to make some guesses at our mystery antagonists on the fairly reasonable assumption that they're affiliated with the Garden and follow the naming scheme established in Three and Nine where the leadership is named for the Major Arcana. I'm also going to assume no duplicates of Enforcers active in the game (so no Empress and no Strength) and no Fool because that's already Campanella's title as well as his tarot association and that would be confusing.

Blonde Man: Justice, because Strength is out and I couldn't think of anything else that made better sense.

Gun Lady: Moon, because she looks like a bit of a lunatic.

Mummy Girl: Hierophant, because that thing floating behind her has vaguely angelic imagery so she gets the religious-themed title.

Armored Man: Tower, because he's scary looking befitting the really ominous card and... that's mainly it.

Boy: Hanged Man, because I couldn't think of something better and there's something vaguely unsettling about his appearance.

Smirking Man: Judgment, because he gives off the vibe of being the most important of the bunch and should get the coolest name. And no, he can't have ZA WARUDO because only Koyasu gets to say those lines.

Now watch as literally all of these are wrong even if these characters are all Wardens. 😀 

Posted : 22/07/2021 12:52 am
JumpyJunpei

Armored Man: Tower, because he's scary looking befitting the really ominous card and... that's mainly it.

On first watch I thought that was Emperor back from the dead, but I don't think the armor's quite right.

Now watch as literally all of these are wrong even if these characters are all Wardens.

Screencapping this post, so in a few months I can either surprise pikachu face or ojou-sama laugh!

Also, I can't believe it only just occured to me that we finally hear Van's voice right at the end with the title drop. Definitely channeling Battler there; I was half expecting a zen zen dame da!!!

Posted : 22/07/2021 1:42 am
Yotaka
Falcom Romantic Admin
Topic starter

Also, I can't believe it only just occured to me that we finally hear Van's voice right at the end with the title drop. Definitely channeling Battler there; I was half expecting a zen zen dame da!!!

I'm expecting a yare yare da ze out of Van at some point. We may not be getting a Stand for him but if we don't get at least one obvious Jojo reference I will be most surprised.

Posted : 22/07/2021 3:41 am
Wuolong77

I'd like to chime in on the baseless speculation. The grandfather orbment that Van is supposed to find for Agnes also has the transformation function. What Judith and Van are using is reverse-engineered from that. 

That character from Barkhorn's attack looks like to me. It's stylized, but I'm fairly sure. Whether it means soul in Japanese, *shrug*.

I can't help but think that Feri's Jaeger companion is a guy, despite the uncanny resemblance to Carna. And the hair is less wavy, but that could just be the jump to 3D. We'll see, I guess.

Posted : 22/07/2021 4:53 am
Hellseye
Kiseki Crack Editor

With the main theme very obviously being truth, it’s not surprising that he’s channeling more Battler than Jotaro. 

I was honestly not expecting Garden/A to be relevant this early in the narrative and kinda cements them as the Act 1 villains. 

Oathbringer’s appearance gives off main antagonist vibes. I’m interested in how he got his scar on his face. 

Posted : 22/07/2021 11:36 am
Yotaka
Falcom Romantic Admin
Topic starter

So, about that livestream... we got some new character reveals and one of them had me facepalming so hard once I realized what Falcom did.

Roy Gramheart, no surprise there.

Xin has an elder sister who's name is something like Ashen Lu (my knowledge of how to render katakana into proper romanization of Chinese is minimal) who's retaining Van's services for something.

Nina Fenli (see above) is an idol who has one parent from the East, looks a lot like Karin and is seen with Judith at a film festival.

Gilliam Thorndike is a general manager of Marduk.

And lastly there's an associate professor at Basel named Esmelai Archet. Who just happens to share her name with the Sorcerian character who teaches at the Magic Academy in Pentawa. Dammit Falcom. ;p

There was also some Action Battle footage and a Craft showcase but my connection was acting up at the time so I didn't see much of the former and the latter was patchy. I did spot that Walter gets a new version of Laser Bullet called Laser Hurricane, probably because he's tired of Angelica stealing his thunder. Also, Barkhorn has a Craft with Lion King in its name. Bergard! I meant Bergard, can't think how I made that mistake...

Posted by: @wuolong77

That character from Barkhorn's attack looks like to me. It's stylized, but I'm fairly sure. Whether it means soul in Japanese, *shrug*.

If that's what it is, it means 'I' or 'Self', I guess you could sort of get 'soul' out of that because it's used to refer to the Hindu concept of atman but that's not how it's generally used in Japanese.

Posted by: @hellseye47

Oathbringer’s appearance gives off main antagonist vibes. I’m interested in how he got his scar on his face.

Clearly he got it from Dalinar during his Blackthorn days. 😉

Posted : 22/07/2021 2:33 pm
Wuolong77

Posted by: @yotaka

Xin has an elder sister who's name is something like Ashen Lu (my knowledge of how to render katakana into proper romanization of Chinese is minimal) who's retaining Van's services for something.

Ashen can be read as ā shen. Whereas the ā syllable stands for the character 阿, which is used as a  dimunitive in Chinese first names. There are other dimunitive methods for Chinese names that are more common and if I were to go with my limited experience, I'd say that using the dimunitive is more upper crust, which fits Xin's sister to a T. The shen can stand for several characters, though the more common ones are 申 or 沈. As for the surname of Lu, that's a pretty common one - , the same surname as Lu Bu Feng Xian from the Romance of the Three Kingdoms. Well, it certainly makes me curious how CLE are going to render these names.

It also makes me wonder whether Xin's sister will be depicted as a 老板娘, which is a typical Chinese cultural concept of women being in charge of a business (even big ones) and leading it with an iron fist.

Posted : 22/07/2021 3:24 pm
Yotaka reacted
Yotaka
Falcom Romantic Admin
Topic starter

Ashen can be read as ā shen. Whereas the ā syllable stands for the character 阿, which is used as a  dimunitive in Chinese first names. There are other dimunitive methods for Chinese names that are more common and if I were to go with my limited experience, I'd say that using the dimunitive is more upper crust, which fits Xin's sister to a T. The shen can stand for several characters, though the more common ones are 申 or 沈. As for the surname of Lu, that's a pretty common one - , the same surname as Lu Bu Feng Xian from the Romance of the Three Kingdoms. Well, it certainly makes me curious how CLE are going to render these names.

Oooh, thanks for the lesson there. Who says games can't teach you about things? xD And yeah, it'll be interesting to see what they do since Falcom rarely if ever provides the kanji for character names drawn from Chinese.

It also makes me wonder whether Xin's sister will be depicted as a 老板娘, which is a typical Chinese cultural concept of women being in charge of a business (even big ones) and leading it with an iron fist.

Based on what she says to Van in the screenshot, it doesn't sound like it. She tells him that her brother is the family successor so she can do as she pleases.

Posted : 22/07/2021 9:10 pm
JumpyJunpei

And lastly there's an associate professor at Basel named Esmelai Archet. Who just happens to share her name with the Sorcerian character who teaches at the Magic Academy in Pentawa. Dammit Falcom. ;p

So, she's a professor who wears glasses and gives off an absent minded kind of vibe.

🤔 🤔 🤔 

I'm kind of curious what they'll do with Walter and Zin. I thought they'd had quite a decisive colli- I mean conclusion in SC, so it's hard to see where they go from here. I wonder if him suddenly getting a surname is indicative of anything.

This post was modified 3 years ago by JumpyJunpei

Posted : 22/07/2021 10:47 pm
Yotaka
Falcom Romantic Admin
Topic starter

So, she's a professor who wears glasses and gives off an absent minded kind of vibe.

Great, now I'm not gonna be able to un-think that. ;p

I'm kind of curious what they'll do with Walter and Zin. I thought they'd had quite a decisive colli- I mean conclusion in SC, so it's hard to see where they go from here. I wonder if him suddenly getting a surname is indicative of anything.

Well, we really didn't get a chance to see how the news about why Ryuga agreed to fight him would affect Walter in the long term since he gets knocked out shortly afterwards and we don't see much of him again, though if you have Zin in your party he (or his Phantasma copy) will ask the latter to pass a message on to Kilika for him. So we'll just have to see how things go.

As for his getting a last name, the serious reason is probably just because Falcom realized they didn't do it originally or give him an age and they realized it was a good opportunity to correct that. We also don't have those for Luciola, Bleublanc (though that's probably not his real name...) or Loewe. Less serious answer: It's actually foreshadowing for how by the end of the arc Walter is going to quit to become an anchorman with the Calvard Broadcasting System's Evening News, aka CBS. After all, he is Zemuria's own Walter Kron(kite)... ;p

Posted : 23/07/2021 1:17 am
Wuolong77

Posted by: @yotaka

Who says games can't teach you about things?

The Trails games certainly gave me some choice lessons about geopolitics. Osborne is a good teacher.

And about absentminded professors, we had an archeologist/theologist, a neurologist/pharmacist and a geologist/engineer. Wonder what her specialization is going to be. Until now, the disciplines of Kiseki scientists were always surprisingly relevant to their modus operandi.

Posted : 23/07/2021 1:54 pm
Yotaka
Falcom Romantic Admin
Topic starter

And about absentminded professors, we had an archeologist/theologist, a neurologist/pharmacist and a geologist/engineer. Wonder what her specialization is going to be. Until now, the disciplines of Kiseki scientists were always surprisingly relevant to their modus operandi.

Based on the description she's part of the same bionics lab where Quatre works as a lab assistant and her current focus is on the development of the XIPHA. Also, she's done exchange work with Epstein, the ZCF and Seiland so great things are expected of her.

Posted : 23/07/2021 10:55 pm
Page 8 / 12