Kuro no Kiseki

Notifications
Clear all

Kuro no Kiseki

174 Posts
7 Users
12 Likes
JumpyJunpei

Time to batten down the hatches of the spoiler bunker and go hermit mode for a few weeks!

Posted : 27/09/2021 10:14 am
Yotaka
Falcom Romantic Admin
Topic starter

So... you're going to start dressing like a knockoff Lelouch Lamperouge (helmet included) and carry a sword around? 😀 

Posted : 27/09/2021 8:33 pm
JumpyJunpei

I see what you did there...although I DO already own a bokken...

Read your predictions and I'm wondering; any particular reason you think it was Van's mother that Walter was talking about? Falcom bucking the trend of important father figure after Rean/Osborne?

D'you reckon the clock tower is too obvious a hint for a Sept-Terrion of Time? I feel like they wouldn't drop such a huge clue in the OP like that, but they've never been shy about showing off end game scenes in their trailers.

It's going to be interesting to see how many playthroughs you'll need to see all possible routes or groupings or whatever based on your alignment. I can't help but wonder if there'll be juicy lore bombs you get in some routes that you don't in others. Something on the level of CS2's NG+, maybe. Plus, how it'll factor in come the next game and save transfers.

This post was modified 3 years ago by JumpyJunpei

Posted : 27/09/2021 10:38 pm
Just a cold piece of steel

Read your predictions and I'm wondering; any particular reason you think it was Van's mother that Walter was talking about? Falcom bucking the trend of important father figure after Rean/Osborne?

I think I also remember someone mentioning on the Discord that in Beowulf:

Spoiler
Grendel's mother was an antagonist.
So maybe Yotaka is guessing that Falcom are taking inspiration from that?

D'you reckon the clock tower is too obvious a hint for a Sept-Terrion of Time? I feel like they wouldn't drop such a huge clue in the OP like that, but they've never been shy about showing off end game scenes in their trailers.

If Calvard does house the Sept-Terrion of Time, then I think there might be an even bigger clue in the very title: "Kuro no Kiseki" -> "Kurono Kiseki" -> "Chrono no Kiseki". The color of Time Septium is also Black.

It's going to be interesting to see how many playthroughs you'll need to see all possible routes or groupings or whatever based on your alignment. I can't help but wonder if there'll be juicy lore bombs you get in some routes that you don't in others. Something on the level of CS2's NG+, maybe. Plus, how it'll factor in come the next game and save transfers.

I could be wrong, but I think I saw someone mention that Kondo commented it would take 2 playthroughs to 100% the game. So I assume a normal playthrough and a NG+ playthrough to do it all. I feel like it'd be unlikely for Falcom to have us replay the game more than once since one of the changes they made between CS I/II and CS III/IV, unless I'm misremembering, was making it so you get unlimited carry over points for NG+, when originally you got 5 points for each completed playthrough, iirr. I think they also changed this for the PS4 release of CS I/II. I could be mistaken though.

Posted : 27/09/2021 11:49 pm
JumpyJunpei

Taken from twitter, in an article about Kuro, Kondo says it seems that, due to the size of the story, it's going to be difficult to finish Kuro in 2 games.

Oh boy, here we go again!

This post was modified 3 years ago by JumpyJunpei

Posted : 28/09/2021 11:05 am
Yotaka
Falcom Romantic Admin
Topic starter

Posted by: @jumpyjunpei

Pretend for a moment that all the stuff about Grendel and Beowulf was actually at the top of my head when I made that prediction because it makes me look all clever and stuff. Nah, the main reason is just that we've had a lot of focus paid to fathers with significant ongoing or backstory impact and not as much to mothers, Erika and Irina excepted.

Whether that comment by Kondo implying a three game arc is true or not (it sounds very much like the kind of thing he says when he doesn't want to hard-confirm something, but I'd like a citation to where he said it) Falcom almost never gives us information on the Sept-Terrion in the first game. With Liberl we had Aureole named but not defined as being associated with Spacem with Crossbell we just had a hint from the reference to 'D' and it took three games to get names for Erebonia's two treasures and we didn't even learn there were two until a NG+ run of the second. With hindsight we could have guessed that Crossbell had Mirage via Phantasmal Blaze (which is why Erebonia having Fire was kind of obvious post-Azure) but there wasn't much evidence for the second treasure being Earth until the end of CS3 and plenty of things that could have pointed us to other elements. For example, the two Loa bosses in 1/2 have obvious Dark/Light theming and could have been taken as evidence for Time and Fire, especially since Erebonia was explicitly noted to be named after a word meaning 'darkness'.

So yeah, while there's some clock tower vibes coming from that thing, I'm not sure we can take it as evidence for the local Sept-Terrion and I'd be very surprised if we got such a solid hint in the first game, which would be even moreso if it turns out we have a trilogy on our hands. Ditto the 黎の軌跡>クロノキセキ>Chrono Kiseki thing that Cold Steel mentions. If it does turn out to be the case that will be a brilliant little pun but we're also one for three so far on the title reflecting the associated element so I'm inclined to think that's a coincidence for now.

Another thing is the name of Ouroboros' new Plan. I suspect (but can't prove) that it's going to cover more than one Sept-Terrion in the same way Phantasmal Blaze did and that we won't understand the meaning behind it until the plan is finished, and that will involve Time because it's right there in the name.

My guess is it'll play out like final bonding scenes, where if you have enough alignment to unlock more than one group you'll get contacted via XIPHA and be able to pick who you want to help you out in a given scene. And likely that your initial run will limit how high your scores can get so that you don't get a choice in most situations.

Posted by: @cold_steel_iv

I feel like it'd be unlikely for Falcom to have us replay the game more than once since one of the changes they made between CS I/II and CS III/IV, unless I'm misremembering, was making it so you get unlimited carry over points for NG+, when originally you got 5 points for each completed playthrough, iirr. I think they also changed this for the PS4 release of CS I/II. I could be mistaken though.

Yeah, the back half of Cold Steel did away with the point system so you could carry over whatever you wanted to after a single run. The PS4 ports of 1/2 kept the old system though.

Posted : 28/09/2021 6:06 pm
JumpyJunpei

Link to the Kondo's comments on number of games: https://m.weibo.cn/status/4686436684795844

Given that it's weibo, I have no idea what the context is, obviously lol

Posted : 28/09/2021 8:32 pm
Wuolong77

Posted by: @jumpyjunpei

Link to the Kondo's comments on number of games: https://m.weibo.cn/status/4686436684795844

Given that it's weibo, I have no idea what the context is, obviously lol

The post is about some interview that Kondo apparently gave on the 28th, though there's no link to the original source, so I'd take the things said with a grain of salt.

Most of the stuff in the post we already know, like the meaning of 黎, how this is the dawn before the morning and that this symbolizes the second half of the trails megastory and how the veil of secrecy around organizations like Ouro and the Septian Church is finally going to be lifted.

It talks briefly about the hybrid battle system, how Kuro is supposed to be a fresh start for the Kiseki series and so on. The most important tidbit are the last two sentences:

另外,《黎之轨迹》的续作已经在紧锣密鼓地制作当中,目前标题尚未确定。按照剧情的体量来看,共和国篇很难在 2 作内完结。

The follow up game to Kuro no Kiseki is already in the middle of production, though the exact title hasn't been decided yet. Considering the weight/dimension of the (story)content, it would be very difficult to finish the Calvard chapter/arc in the course of two games.

Posted : 29/09/2021 8:41 pm
Yotaka
Falcom Romantic Admin
Topic starter

Posted by: @yotaka

Another thing we can deduce from the shot is that the proverb manual accessories are returning, which means that there's probably going to be another concealed yojijukugo pun in these ones.

EDIT: Having looked around for some options, I'm guessing that it's either going to be 色即是空 ('All is Emptiness')

So yeah, having started Chapter 1 and gotten a look at the exchange shop goodies, I was right. 😀

I'll save the rest of the commentary for the playthrough thread.

Posted : 30/09/2021 4:26 pm
Page 12 / 12