Trails of Cold Stee...

Notifications
Clear all

Trails of Cold Steel anime announced

18 Posts
4 Users
0 Likes
JumpyJunpei

It's pretty mediocre, if I'm being honest. I wasn't expecting much in the animation department, for obvious reasons, but I wasn't expecting it to be quite as low budget as it is at times. Then there's weird stuff like having Rean in a fight scene and not having him use any 8 Leaves techniques from the games, when they have Altina using Detector of all things, and her other crafts. There was also some weird filler, like the bizarre clown episode and I'm kind of curious how they're going to make the dates of the actual Northern War line up with the book from CS3, given the way things are progressing currently. If you're a big Trails fan, it's probably still worth a watch just for the novelty of it, but it's a pity that the dub cast didn't show for this one (probably union stuff, I suppose).

Posted : 06/03/2023 11:03 pm
Just a cold piece of steel
Topic starter

The first few episodes were a bit weak, but the rest have been pretty great imo! I'm excited to see how it wraps up.

Posted : 07/03/2023 3:29 am

I do remember hearing in general people found the first few episodes hard to get through, mainly because they are pretty exposition heavy if I recall correctly. Looking it up, seems like it will be a 12 episode series, so probably will watch it at some point in the future after I finish my replay of the series. 

Posted : 08/03/2023 5:33 pm
Page 2 / 2