Cold Steel 4 Localization Topic

104 Posts
9 Users
6 Likes
17.9 K Views
Yotaka
Falcom Romantic Admin
Topic starter

It seems appropriate that on this, Olivier's birthday, NISA decided to announce the localization of CS4. Apparently the joke is that it isn't a joke. It's coming out this autumn on PS4 with Switch/PC versions due out in 2021. The teaser trailer is up on Gameinformer here. Word of warning, the teaser does contain a visual spoiler for something so if you want to preserve a particular surprise, you miiiiight want to give it a pass. Preorders and some nice looking merchandise are up on NISA's website.

Posted : 01/04/2020 4:42 pm
JumpyJunpei

Olivier's birthday is April 1st? Perfection.

Posted : 01/04/2020 10:45 pm

Fall 2020 eh? I forget. Did they release CS3 on time with their initial announced release date? Regardless 2-3 seasons away isn't bad. Late fall/winter is my fave time to cuddle up on the sofa and play console games, but if it's early fall, well it's earlier and I wont complain =P

Posted : 02/04/2020 4:35 am
Yotaka
Falcom Romantic Admin
Topic starter

Posted by: @jumpyjunpei

Olivier's birthday is April 1st? Perfection.

Yeah, his is one of the few birthdays we have (thanks to that 'compatibility tester' at the Jenis festival) and that's what Falcom picked for him.

Posted by: @ghaleon

Fall 2020 eh? I forget. Did they release CS3 on time with their initial announced release date?

There was a bit of a delay from the originally announced date to when it actually released, around a month as I recall.

Posted : 02/04/2020 5:29 am

So NISA is starting to release voice clips of characters for CS IV. First batch confirms Vita, Roselia, Towa, and Aurelia will have the same voice actresses. Surprised about the 5th character they gave a voice clip for, since I don't know how big their role is but I guess it gets some people hyped. From the small sample I like it. Now I sit and wait for the most important voice clips, the best big sis little sis pair.

Posted : 25/05/2020 10:31 pm
Hellseye
Kiseki Crack Editor

It's not that surprising that NISA included the 5th character since Falcom themselves showed him in the pre-Sen IV release material. It's not a huge spoiler since no context is given and it's especially no where near as big a spoiler as what they put in the announcement trailer (how the hell that was greenlit idk).

Posted : 26/05/2020 4:05 pm

Posted by: @hellseye47

It's not that surprising that NISA included the 5th character since Falcom themselves showed him in the pre-Sen IV release material. It's not a huge spoiler since no context is given and it's especially no where near as big a spoiler as what they put in the announcement trailer (how the hell that was greenlit idk).

Oh yeah, I assume you mean

Spoiler
Who the final awakener is and what the final divine knight looks like

Yeah that one was baffling as it was something that seemed like is supposed to be a huge reveal in the game. As for the 5th character, it's less whether it's a big spoiler and more it feels like they would want to do voice clips for characters who have a major presence in the game, and this character from what I understand doesn't have a major role. Still, even if small the character is well known enough from previous games to hype up fans more. 

Posted : 26/05/2020 9:32 pm
Yotaka
Falcom Romantic Admin
Topic starter

Posted by: @trailsofpersona

Oh yeah, I assume you mean

Spoiler
Who the final awakener is and what the final divine knight looks like

Yeah that one was baffling as it was something that seemed like is supposed to be a huge reveal in the game.

Curiously, only the former of those two was treated as a huge deal by Falcom (who did not reveal it pre-release) while the latter was revealed, but with much more selective editing.

Spoiler
CS4 Japanese trailer
You can see the final Knight with its Awakener being teleported inside it but you have no way of knowing who that person is and the shot used is more distant.
It's actually from the exact same scene as NISA used, which raises the question of why they didn't use that shot given how they've pretty much recreated the CS3 and 4 websites one-to-one for the Japanese ones, so they're clearly very aware of how Falcom presented the game.

Posted : 26/05/2020 11:33 pm

Huh, interesting info. I know for me it won't affect me since I already knew that spoiler and can enjoy the games even knowing what will happen ahead of time. That said, there are many who prefer to go in getting the surprise and the fact that they decided to spoil something like that is such a strange move.

On a different note, what's considered the average play time for CS IV? My playthrough of III was a little over 80 hours and this game sounds like it's pretty massive in its own right. 

Posted : 26/05/2020 11:39 pm
Yotaka
Falcom Romantic Admin
Topic starter

I went to look up my play time for my first run and saw that it was 200+ hours. I love the game but I know I didn't put that much time into the first run so I assume I must have left it running for hours at a time, on multiple occasions. It was probably more like 110 based on comparing my time at the end of an NG+ run to the end of my first run, since the clock is shared across runs.

For another point of comparison, looking at her recorded streams floofy hit about 120 on her first run and 90 on a replay with some scene skipping and that's using the actual video lengths as well as the ingame clock.

In each case, that's not necessarily 100% completion but pretty close to it in terms of sidequests and other optional content.

Posted : 29/05/2020 2:00 am

So release date for PS4 version is currently October 27th, just a tad over a year from CS3. Figured it was going to be near the end of October, but still expecting a delay just because that seems to be the norm pandemic or not. Really wanting to get an idea of certain voices for certain characters who will show up in this game, so the very slow trickle of those has been killing me.

After having played both Crossbell games I am wondering how that will affect my enjoyment of IV. After playing both games I still stand by not needing to play them to understand and enjoy III. From my understanding there is more in IV that brings up stuff from Crossbell so that may be a bit more required, but from past games they seem to do well enough to give a basic understanding at least. That said, this being basically the equivalent of End Game means having context of all the games will make things more exciting than having just played Cold Steel.

In any case, about 4 months away to finally wrap up this saga. 

Posted : 23/06/2020 8:20 pm

i feel like an idiot for thinking this but Im looking forward to replaying cs3 after azure because Im looking forward to talking to the crossbell npcs... I say idiot because one of my beefs with zero and azure is there are too many non vital npcs to talk to during events and I cant be bothered to very much like I did in CS1. But im looking forward to seeing what tbe hayworths are up to, that family where they adopt a cat and the father gets into the drugs and they have to move to a modest home. Im rooting for them to move back in their old place.

I remember a new family living in tbe villa, but dont remember why the old one moved out. I dont even remember if its the orchis tower architect or the spendy husband elder couple.

I want to see how the little girl with the ex shut-out fishing grandpa bond further. I want to see if ilya or sully are in cs3 at all, i remember neither.... ack I cant wait

Posted : 24/06/2020 10:29 am

A few of those you may see, but you are limited to central square, east street, west street and harbor district as the districts you can go to. So no Hayworths and definitely no Illya or Sully.

I can understand wanting to talk to everyone with CS III at least since there's been a long period of time and major changes in Crossbell to see how various NPCs changed and their thoughts on the current situation.

Posted : 24/06/2020 12:58 pm

Aww, you don't even bump into hayworth/sully/ilya in the outside city areas like 'morica eff ya village? I mean I know Ilya, but I forget if you get to visit you know where in cs3. maybe not. Totally forgot that detail.

Posted : 25/06/2020 8:46 pm

Well today we got a new batch of voices, but I fooled myself thinking it was going to be a certain set of characters based on the Tweet

Spoiler
Cmon NISA, you say into a brighter future and you don't give us Estelle? That's the most obvious thing to do and you messed that up

Outside of Randy and Tio can't say much on the others. I remember when they were doing the same in CS III it was hard to have much of an impression when you hear a few lines and that's it. They all sound fine but can't say how well it will work until we get the full game. It's a lot like Campanella for me where the initial lines I heard from a review were terrible, but the rest I thought worked well for the character.

Posted : 06/07/2020 11:18 pm
Page 1 / 7