Kuro no Kiseki

174 Posts
7 Users
12 Likes
Yotaka
Falcom Romantic Admin
Topic starter

Posted by: @wuolong77

Just asking for clarification's sake, but this merely means that the title of 'Sinner' isn't applicable to the Fifth Anguis but instead belongs to the Fourth?

Right, 'Sinner' and any implications of heresy was my rendering but it's what got localized by NISA as (Thousand) Oathbreaker and it's the title the Fourth Anguis is known by.

But yes, the Fifth is the Anguis with a speech pattern that could plausibly fit Barkhorn.

Posted : 28/05/2021 3:58 pm
JumpyJunpei

Now that the 7th Anguis spot is vacant and the GM has mentioned inviting someone to fill it, let the speculation commence again! I'll repeat history and nominate an Eight Leaves person: Hime. Given what happened with the previously mentioned Yun prediction, I fully expect to be proven wrong. It's like poetry; it rhymes.

Totally offtopic, but I got a good laugh at an apparent Mistborn/Fortnite crossover that was teased the other day. What on earth...

Posted : 28/05/2021 4:17 pm
Yotaka
Falcom Romantic Admin
Topic starter

Posted by: @jumpyjunpei

Totally offtopic, but I got a good laugh at an apparent Mistborn/Fortnite crossover that was teased the other day. What on earth...

You and me both. I'm utterly apathetic to Fortnite but love Brandon's works so I guess I'll have to track down a stream showing off that crossover whenever it happens.

He was right though, it was an announcement we'd never guess. I was expecting something more along the lines of a breakthrough on one of his simmering non-Cosmere works, or (in my fantasy world) Brandon writing a Kiseki sidestory and Falcom making an Ys IX-styled adaptation of Mistborn. ;p

EDIT: Oh, some fun stuff came out of the livestream. There's a bit of gameplay and exploration footage and we got confirmation of a few expected characters. Cao (looking sus as always and in the company of someone else who looks shady) and Kilika, plus the long-awaited onscreen appearance of Jack and Halle.

The battle footage is still clearly demo stuff, some of the Arts and Crafts have placeholders for effect descriptions and a lot of Crafts show 0 CP cost, including what seems to be Aaron's S-Craft. It's all looking pretty cool though and the interface is more fleshed-out than what we saw before.

Transition into the interior of buildings looks seamless in that footage. And Kondo continues to make it obvious that we know who Bergard is...

Posted : 28/05/2021 5:34 pm
Wuolong77

Posted by: @yotaka

I was expecting something more along the lines of a breakthrough on one of his simmering non-Cosmere works, or (in my fantasy world) Brandon writing a Kiseki sidestory and Falcom making an Ys IX-styled adaptation of Mistborn. ;p

There is this thing called Crossover fanfiction and as far as I know, a CosmerexKiseki one doesn't yet exist on the net. There is always the possibility of fulfilling one's own fantasy... though the result isn't necessarily satisfactory.

EDIT: Oh, some fun stuff came out of the livestream. There's a bit of gameplay and exploration footage and we got confirmation of a few expected characters. Cao (looking sus as always and in the company of someone else who looks shady) and Kilika, plus the long-awaited onscreen appearance of Jack and Halle.

Just watched the livestream with Chinese subtitles. I really dig Kilika's look in 3D and they totally nailed Jack's appearance despite the host saying that they look like completely different people. Shame though that they didn't show Zin.

The battle footage is still clearly demo stuff, some of the Arts and Crafts have placeholders for effect descriptions and a lot of Crafts show 0 CP cost, including what seems to be Aaron's S-Craft. It's all looking pretty cool though and the interface is more fleshed-out than what we saw before.

Transition into the interior of buildings looks seamless in that footage. And Kondo continues to make it obvious that we know who Bergard is...

The battle animations look nice and Feri actually takes out a ghurka knife for one of her crafts... Falcom doesn't even try to be subtle anymore. And let's not even start with Bergard...

Shame though that there won't be a simultaneous Chinese release with CLE this time. Then again, Kondo mentions that the word count in Kuro is significantly higher than Hajimari and it could end up the entry game to a new arc with the highest word count. But waiting until winter isn't that long, luckily.

Posted : 29/05/2021 12:24 am
Yotaka
Falcom Romantic Admin
Topic starter

Like I've said before, Bergard's identity is so unsubtle that I am absolutely certain that Falcom is doing it on purpose as a form of misdirection, getting us to focus on him so we don't spot some other thing. Maybe it will be foreshadowing in the marketing or more likely it's going to be something happening while Bergard is onscreen in the game. Falcom has done this sort of thing before but the fact that they're so blatant about it makes me feel like they're trying to sneak something really momentous past us this time.

Posted : 29/05/2021 5:51 am
Yotaka
Falcom Romantic Admin
Topic starter

Well, the teaser just dropped and it is a bombshell.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M4w53fPGHck

The list of characters shown off includes:

- Elaine Auclert and an unknown man with a gun.

- Zin!

- Fie?!

- Hime and Kurogane separately

- Walter!

- The Not!Stand from the key visual.

And all of the above have battle animations, most of them done in such a way that makes them look playable but since Falcom is known to be deceptive with their promo material I expect that not all of them are. Hime for instance I'm guessing isn't and they just staged her fighting a monster to not show off whenever we fight her.

We also have Agnes in uniform, some really cool looks at Craft animations and more town footage with reflections in windows and Aaron walking through a landscape where there seems to be a lot of things burning and blowing in the wind.

Oh, all that and the music's rocking too. xD

Posted : 04/06/2021 5:17 am
JumpyJunpei

I assume the man with the gun is Elaine's other childhood friend from her episode in Hajimari.

Interesting to see Hime using what appears to be Helix, but with wind effects instead of fire? Is Arios getting upstaged? Watch out Divine Blades of Zemuria, she's coming for ALL of your tachis!

The Walter and Zin glow up has treated them very nicely. I especially like Zin's new look.

We only ever see groups of three running around, so I wonder if battles are now restricted to three people?

Posted : 04/06/2021 11:57 am
Hellseye
Kiseki Crack Editor

It looks like five possible new playable characters so far--Elaine, CID childhood friend, Hime, Fie, and Zin. I doubt any of them will be permanent party members in Kuro 1, but I can see Elaine, CID friend, and maybe Hime becoming permanent in Kuro 2.

Posted : 04/06/2021 12:42 pm
Wuolong77

Interesting to see Hime using what appears to be Helix, but with wind effects instead of fire? Is Arios getting upstaged? Watch out Divine Blades of Zemuria, she's coming for ALL of your tachis!

I have this weird urge to see playable Hime in a battle gauntlet against every ELOB user we've seen until now. Just imagine good ol' Richard in Kuro graphics... or using her to stomp poor Rean while in Spirit Unification...

Posted : 04/06/2021 1:14 pm
Yotaka
Falcom Romantic Admin
Topic starter

We only ever see groups of three running around, so I wonder if battles are now restricted to three people?

You can see four characters onscreen at once in the livestream battle footage so it seems like our party size isn't changing.

Edit: Oh, Dengeki did a special stream after the teaser dropped, going over very similar ground that everyone's been talking about except that they're deliberately talking around some of the obvious points, like calling Zin 'the immovable guy'. xD

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rConb29boNY

There's also some new Command and Action Battle footage showing off some characters attacking and this includes Hime so it looks like she's legitimately playable and not Falcom toying with us.

Posted : 04/06/2021 2:32 pm

Ok, I know playing Hajimari would give some more context to Kuro, but I want this game now instead of Hajimari. Alas, I'll be waiting until 2025 for this one, though I still get uncertain about any more releases with Cold Steel done. 

Lately I've been a lot more down on the series. My disappointment with how the Cold Steel series ended up going out with a whimper for me has had me been a lot more harsh towards the series. However, Falcom does it again doing some simple things to hook me back in.

Posted : 04/06/2021 8:42 pm
Yotaka
Falcom Romantic Admin
Topic starter

Not that this is a surprise or anything, but Kaela is confirmed to be in the game. She's telling the other party 'You too! Please consider leaving that organization!'. The term she uses means private/civilian organization and has been used in the games twice before to refer to the bracers, though it's broad enough that it's not guaranteed that's what she's talking about.

Posted : 18/06/2021 7:26 pm
Yotaka
Falcom Romantic Admin
Topic starter

The Famitsu article is out and while there wasn't as much in the way of character commentary as I was expecting, we did get a good bit of nice info out of it:

- Elaine Auclair (24) is, as we could tell from Beyond the Beginning, Van's childhood friend and the current holder of the 'youngest A-rank bracer ever' title. She's known as the Sword Maiden and her weapon is identified as a 'Knight's Sword' like Jusis and Rufus'. She's voiced by Saitou Chiwa.

- René Kincaid (25) is Van's other childhood friend and a highly successful agent of the CID. It's mentioned that he's Elaine's biggest (actually it says only, which seems odd) supporter and his joining the CID hasn't changed that. He uses a military-issue pistol. Voiced by Fukuyama Jun.

- The Central Intelligence Department is confirmed to be the successor to the Rocksmith Agency (which we've suspected since CS3) and Kilika is identified as its former chief, but after Gramheart's election the CID was reorganized into three bureaus and Kilika was placed in charge of the Joint Analysis Center specifically, in recognition for her role in setting the organization up. That makes it sound like a sideways career move rather than a demotion.

- There's discussion about how the Bracers and Spriggans don't see eye to eye.

- As already revealed he Alignment Frame has three parameters: Law, Grey and Chaos. Decisions made during the game (in quest resolution and dialogue options for example) will change your score and later on this will affect the narrative with different groups being willing to work with you depending on your alignment. There's a shot of Zin and the party with the caption 'If Law is high' and another showing Cao with the caption 'If Chaos is high'. It's also implied that Van's exclusive Hollow Core 'Mare' will have its parameters affected in some way by your alignment.

Posted : 23/06/2021 6:23 pm
Hellseye
Kiseki Crack Editor

Joint Analysis Center I assume is a reference to the real U. S. Joint Analysis Center which specializes in coordinating intelligence with allied nations. Seems like a good fit for Kilika given her experience in the Bracer Guild. It’s also a good way to tie in R&A Research. 

Posted : 23/06/2021 7:34 pm
Yotaka
Falcom Romantic Admin
Topic starter

Posted by: @hellseye47

Joint Analysis Center I assume is a reference to the real U. S. Joint Analysis Center which specializes in coordinating intelligence with allied nations.

Yeah, that's exactly where I got the translation from; the Japanese rendering is the same except with センター at the end of the real entity's name where Calvard's fictional one uses 室.

Posted : 23/06/2021 9:22 pm
Page 6 / 12